Lighting & Control Systems for the Smart Home
- PMMI Lighting HUB
- PMMI Lighting Controller
- PWM (Pulse Wave Modulation) LED Driver Board(s)
- PMMI Lighting LED Light Fixtures (multiple styles)
- PMMI Lighting LED Bulbs (use conventional lighting fixtures with PMMI Lighting bulbs and adapter kits)
- Fixture Cans (if using insulation)
- Switch Reader Board(s)
- 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 Button PMMI Wall Switches
- Motion Reader Board(s)
- Motion Sensors
- Daylight Harvesting Board
- Daylight Harvesting Sensor
- Control Center
- Cat5, Cat5e or Cat6 Low Voltage Cabling (customer supplied)
- Internet Connectivity(customer supplied)
- Power Supply (customer supplied)
Customizable Multi-Board Product Series
Designed to accommodate residential, and small to medium commercial applications, the multi-board product series employs an expandable approach that accommodates up to 1,280 LED light fixtures, 336 wall switches, and 16 motion detectors and 14 daylight harvesting sensors distributed throughout the subject building. Light fixtures, switches, and motion sensors and daylight harvesting sensors connect using Cat5/6 cable into a cluster of LED Driver Boards, Switch Reader Boards, Motion Reader Boards and Daylight Harvesting Board. These circuit boards are all housed in a Control Center along with the PMMI Lighting Controller and PMMI Lighting HUB.
Designed to accommodate new builds of small residential (cottages, tiny-homes, RVs, mobile homes) applications, the single-board product series accommodates up to 96 LED fixtures, 14 wall switches, and 2 motion detectors. The PMMI Lighting Single Board Controller, as well as The PMMI Lighting HUB are all housed in the Control Center. LED, Low voltage, PMMI Light Fixtures and wall switches connect into the Control Center through a series of daisy-chained, Cat5/6 cables, therefore providing both power and control. Likewise, motion detectors connect using Cat5/6 cable for both power and control.
PMMI Lighting Circuit boards, the PMMI Lighting Controller, the PMMI Lighting HUB, and motion detectors are powered using 12V DC.
PMMI Lighting LED Light Fixtures are powered with either 12V, 24V, 36V or 48V DC. The different DC voltages determine the number of LED light fixtures that can be daisy chained on a single Cat5, Cat5e or Cat6 cable.
PMMI Lighting has a several different fixtures with different specifications, so for this example we will use the 6 watt LED Recessed Downlight by PMMI Lighting in our Multi Board Controller System which has 16 channels per board.
- A 12V power supply supports one downlight per channel = 16 lights
- A 24V power supply supports three downlights daisy chained per channel = 48 lights
- A 36V power supply supports four downlights daisy chained per channel = 64 lights
- A 48V power supply supports eight downlights daisy chained per channel = 128 lights
PMMI Lighting has a several different fixtures with different specifications, so for this example we will use the 6 watt LED Recessed Downlight by PMMI Lighting in our Single Board Controller System which has 12 channels.
- A 12V power supply supports one downlight per channel = 12 lights
- A 24V power supply supports three downlights daisy chained per channel = 36 lights
- A 36V power supply supports four downlights daisy chained per channel = 48 lights
- A 48V power supply supports eight downlights daisy chained per channel = 96
AC/DC power supplies are readily available which accommodate standard 120V AC and 240 V AC line voltage. These power supplies are used as stand alone, or in combination with battery packs that provide backup power in the event of a grid power failure. The system works well for off-grid applications with battery backed solar or wind power.
PMMI Lighting support can help size and select power equipment for just about any application.
Lighting & Control Systems use Cat5, Cat5e or Cat6 cable with RJ45 connectors for power and control. All PMMI Lighting’s LED Light Fixtures and wall switches connect to the control panel through a series of daisy chained Cat5/6 cables. Likewise, motion detectors connect using Cat5/6 cable for both power and control. Cat5/6 jumper cables are used for inter-board communications. The use of low-voltage cable eliminates the need for conduit hence allowing another significant cost reduction.
The PMMI Lighting HUB provides internet connectivity to the lighting system through Ethernet. PMMI support uses internet for timed events, installation, diagnostics, configuration, and software updates.