The PMMI Lighting App gives you full control of Area (zone) light levels and lighting scenes from your Apple or Android phone or tablet.
Setup & Getting Started
1) Configure “Areas” and “Scenes” in your PMMI Lighting system (see https://pmmi-lighting.com/configuration).
2) Make sure your PMMI Lighting system is connected to the Internet by attaching an Ethernet cable between the lighting hub (Raspberry Pi) and your router, or by configuring WiFi in the hub.
3) Submit email to email@example.com with “App Authorization” in the subject line. This request when confirmed, will allow one or more email addresses be associated with your PMMI Lighting system serial number for access and control. In the email provide:
- Your name
- System serial number for your system
- Contact phone
- Email address or addresses that you want to allow control of your system.
Upon confirmation receipt from PMMI Lighting that authorization has been granted, proceed to the next step.
4) Open the PMMI Lighting App and select “Register” from the login screen. Complete the registration form to create a login account with PMMI Lighting. Be sure to specify one of the email addresses authorized above as the username. A 6-digit verification code will be emailed to you. The App will request this code the first time only that a username is used.
That’s it… enjoy!
On the Area Controls page, Area light levels are controlled using sliders or toggle switches. All Areas configured as “Toggle Only” or “Daylight Harvesting” in Step 1 are controlled with toggle switches. Daylight harvesting Areas are denoted with a leaf beside the Area name and current light level shown beside the name.
Dimmable Areas are controlled with slider controls. Simply move the slider control to the desired level. The Area name can be touched to toggle the area light level between 0 and 100%.
Toggle between Area Controls and Scene Controls by clicking on the tabs at the bottom of the screen.
On the Scene Controls page, simply press a Scene name to trigger that lighting scene. Scenes set one or more Areas to specified levels as defined in the configuration file (step 1 above). Those light levels will be set immediately and reflected on the Area Controls page within 15 seconds of the Scene trigger.
The System Name (e.g. John’s Lake House) specified in the configuration file appears at the top of the App. To the left of the System Name, a house icon is shown with either a check mark or red “X”. The check mark implies that the system is in “Home” mode and a red “X” implies “Away” mode. The system can be toggled between home and away mode by triggering scenes on the Scene Controls page that were configured as such.
Automatic Light Level Updates
In the event that that an Area light level changes as a result of a switch press, motion trigger, timed event, or another mobile App, such changes will be reflected in the App within 15 seconds.
Daylight Harvesting is a technique that makes use of daylight to offset the amount of energy needed to light a space. The concept involves the use of automated lighting control to reduce “powered” light output as daylight encroaches into the space through windows, skylights, etc. As the control system continuously adjusts the light level, the App also displays that level beside Daylight Harvesting Areas on the Area Controls page.