Introducing the ProLight I, II and III
After brainstorming about our lighting systems and how they could be simplified and improved, we determined the electronic circuitry, control and programming met all of our original expectations – YAY. However, we felt the packaging, diagnostics, installation and wiring could be improved upon. The result of these improvements can now be seen in the redesign of our lighting system in the ProLight Series.
NEW for the ProLight Series
- ProLight II & III enclosure hinged for easy access to the rear for wiring
- Rear wiring clears system front for better accessibility for diagnostics, cooling and expandability
- Fixtures and bulbs connect via 18 AWG, 2 conductor zip chord
- Built in Diagnostics
- Mother/Daughter board design – plug-in daughter boards
- ProLight III – one enclosure to allow expandability & housing of a minimum to maximum system.
- All wiring to the house is accomplished through the rear of the enclosure on the ProLight II & III
- Inner board power and communications with ribbon cable on the ProLight III
- ProLight I supports cables & wires plugged into the front of the board
- Functionality & Programming identical to the original Lighting & Control System
Remaining the same…
Cat5/6 with RJ45 connectors continue to connect switches, motion and daylight harvesting sensors into the system.
The ProLight Series provides internet connectivity to the lighting system through Ethernet. PMMI support uses internet for installation, diagnostics, configuration, and software updates.
12V DC – to power the controller
12V, 24V, 26V or 48V DC – to power the fixtures
How many fixtures can be daisy chained?
The different DC voltages determine the number of LED light fixtures that can be daisy chained per channel. For this example below we will use the 6 watt LED Recessed Downlight Fixtures.
PMMI Lighting LED Light Fixtures are powered with either 12V, 24V, 36V or 48V DC.
- A 12V power supply supports two downlight per channel
- A 24V power supply supports four downlights daisy chained per channel
- A 36V power supply supports six downlights daisy chained per channel
- A 48V power supply supports eight downlights daisy chained per channel
AC/DC power supplies are readily available which accommodate standard 120V AC and 240V AC line voltage. These power supplies are used as stand alone, or in combination with a UPS Backup System that provides backup power in the event of a grid power failure. The system works well for off-grid applications with battery backed solar or wind power.
Designed to get a tiny bit of exposure to low voltage lighting, the ProLight I supports 4 light channels with up to 32 – 6 watt LED light fixtures & bulbs, up to 5 discrete switches, 4 motion areas, and 1 day/night sensor. [for more info click here]
The ProLight II, ships in a hinged enclosure so it back loads like the ProLight III, but is manually programmed using a small patch panel with shunts like the ProLight I. This unit accommodates up to 128 – 6 watt LED light fixtures & bulbs, 21 discrete switches, 5 motion areas and one day/night sensor. [for more info click here]
Designed to accommodate residential, and small to medium commercial applications. The ProLight III employs an expandable approach that accommodates up to 1,280 – 6 watt LED light fixtures & bulbs, 336 wall switches, 32 motion areas and 16 daylight harvesting areas distributed throughout the build. [for more info click here]